My Face Is Eating Itself:
I had a breakdown Sunday night (*and last night a little too) about my face. I didn't want to go to work. I didn't want to face anyone. I didn't want people looking at it or me or asking me about it. :( BLAH!!!
Josh tried to be helpful:
Josh tried to be helpful:
Josh: Just tell them that you lipped off and I hit ya.
Me: Right and your fist only hit the very top of my mouth.
Josh: Tell them you ran into a door and missed your nose
Me: RIGHT.
Josh: Ok...here it is! Tell them you had a freak shaving accident.
Me: Screw off Josh. (*in a laughing tone...he does make me laugh when he is being a jerk!)
No one said a word. A lot of people come into my cube all day long and I have to go around the building a lot, but no one said anything UNTIL: Dan Pungor came into my cube. Dan is Hungarian. I am not sure if that make a difference or not, but he is a very blunt European. I think most are. :)
Dan: Ummm *(Pointing at my face). Did you lip off to Josh?
Me: No
Dan: Did the baby scratch you?
Me: No
Me: No
Dan: So tell me, what the heck happened to you?
Me: Thanks Dan. No one else has asked. They all avoid eye contact and act as if my face isn't eating itself, but you...you have to ask. :) I have a cold sore, or a fever blister or what ever you want to call it. Too much stress or not enough sleep or something.
Dan: No one else asked??? What is that? An American thing? What if you had been being beat on? I guess I am the only one that cares.
That was yesterday. Today it must be worse, because everyone wants to know. One guy asked if I had a cool story to go with my new ouchie.
My BIG boss came into the office today (*The main reason I didn't want to face the world this week) and pointed and asked too. He is just sweet about it though. Really concerned. Not like looking at a car accident.
So there you go. There is my Cold Sore update for you girl. Here is the picture I sent to Leanna yesterday. The comment I received back was "OUCH, that's not a happy mouth". HA! You are so right! 

5 comments:
Thats just not good. I'm so sorry that mom gave it to you too.
Did Mom give these to us???
You're gorgeous. Little blemish on your lip and all. Sorry, tho. I hate stuff like that on the flipping face. Hang in there, babe! :)
Yikes! You MUST be stressed, look at that thing. So sorry for you!
I think so, Mom gets them too.
Post a Comment