Wednesday, April 2, 2008

To My Daughter On Her First Birthday



It still catches me by surprise that you are actually a full year old. What happened? Where did the time go. I feel as if the first 6 months took years and the last 6 months went by in a blink of an eye. I know all babies are the same, but wow the strides you have taken this last year. You went from a little blob that didn't do anything but eat, sleep, cry (a lot) and mess your diaper to this big girl that now communicates, eats almost anything and everything, crawls everywhere and now even walks a little. How can one little person learn so much in such a short time? You amaze me. Our life was great before you came, but I can't even imagine it without you now!!! Everyone told me how much it would change and how much I would love you. I didn't understand. I don't think anyone does until they finally have a child of their own. You have been a blessing beyond blessings. I love you more then can be said. And that loves keeps getting stronger. A crazy kill for you kind of love. Imagine if you were a boy?!?! I might be as crazy as your Aunt Amy is about Grant-C. :)



Thank you for blessing us and picking our family to come to. Thank you for trusting that we would be good parents. Even though mistakes have been made, we are learning with you. I can't wait to see how you grow and make choices and learn. I am excited for you and your future. I pray that it is everything you dream and so much more.




Happy Birthday my big girl!!! I am so excited for your next year!

We love you!!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

AAAAWWW! How sweet, mommy, good letter and it's fun to see her changes in the timeline of pictures!
Oh, and I told you so!

jlcumber said...

You did! You and a lot of other people. Can't believe we almost thought about not having any. CRAZY!

Roger said...

Yes, crazy. Thank you. I love you all. Mom

Sam said...

You made me cry, at work, big tears! This was just beautiful. I am so happy for you, it's just apparent that you and Josh are deeply deeply in love with your angel. It's beyond description, isn't it? That kind of love. She's just breathtaking. I LOVE LOVE LOVE three months pic. :)

jlcumber said...

Thank you so much Sam!!! You are awesome!! :)

Thayer & Associates said...

The 8 month one is my fave. And Im with Sam big tears! Im at home so its Ok. Happy Birthday Big Girl. Not baby anymore. snif snif