Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Curse My Trucker Mouth

And keep in mind this wasn't as bad of a word as I wanted to use:

While polishing Ashlynn's fingers nails for Valentines Day (seen here), she reached out and grabbed at the open fingernail polish. Of course she didn't just grab it, she hit it. It went everywhere. Mostly all over my arm and a little on the rug, plus her chair. As it happened (in slow motion to me), I yelled out Damn It Ashlynn. She cried. I walked away. I attempted to clean up the mess. Josh came over and comforted her. It was a mess, but I am sure I overreacted. I was thankful that I didn't yell out something else...especially the next day when Josh comes upstairs from playing with Ashlynn giggling. Him: "guess what your daughter now says and in the correct context." Oh great. Guess every time her blocks fell over she was saying it. She has since said "Bamit" about 6 times. We ended up having a long discussion about how that isn't a nice word and that she isn't to say it anymore.

Grrrrr....Curse My Trucker Mouth!!!

3 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

If it makes you feel any better, MOM taught me the same phrase at about that age.

jlcumber said...

Totally makes me feel better and makes me laugh. :)

Sam said...

That's funny stuff. For the record...that's way mild for trucker mouth...isn't it, Daddio? :)

Bamit is just way cuter, tho. I'm going to start saying that.