I was trying to think about the differences in my two pregnancies the other day. They are really very similar as far as I can tell, with just a few differences.
Getting pregnant:
We got pregnant right away with Ashlynn. I went off the pill and there she was. Easy.
It took over 5 months to get pregnant with Lawson. Had to go to the doctor and get on some pills to make me regular to finally get pregnant. So I had a little tiny taste of what some couples deal with, but really minor. Never had to take the next step of clomid. I am very thankful for that.
The first three months:
I didn't have morning sickness really with either pregnancy. I did dry heave my heart out with both of them from time to time, but no morning sickness. Not like some of my friends had to deal with. I was very lucky that way.
I ended up in maternity clothes right away both times. 10 weeks was the max I could last for sure. I might have been excited to put them on each time too. I wasn't someone that didn't want to put them on or forced myself to stay in my clothes as long as I could.
I did want cheese and crackers all the time with Ashlynn and at the very beginning I wanted meatballs (the Costco kind), but that didn't last but a few weeks. I haven't noticed the cheese and crackers thing this time around. I haven't noticed any cravings at all really.
The second three months:
I dealt with more hip pain and stretching pain with this pregnancy then the first it seems, but really did feel the best in the middle of the pregnancy with both. Still slept fairly well and was enjoying the little movements. I was also enjoying that I was big enough to show really and not just look "thick" anymore. I wish the entire pregnancy could just be a full thing of that middle three months for sure. They were by far the easiest both times.
Ashlynn kept her little legs together and wouldn't let her see if she was a boy or a girl the first time we attempted to find out, but thankfully the technician said she couldn't see everything she needed too and rescheduled another ultrasound for us. Thankfully Ashlynn was showing everything right away that second time.
Lawson didn't hide a thing. The technician looked and guessed girl at first, but she corrected herself right away...."Oh wait, that is fully a boy!". Thankfully again we had another ultrasound after that to just double confirm that yes we were having a boy.
The last three months:
With both pregnancies I have ended up on the couch to sleep at night. Not all nights, but a lot. I have been on the couch a lot more this time then last for sure. Out of seven nights, I would say I am there three nights. The doctor told me to take a couple Benadryl each night to help me sleep. I am a little stubborn and only take one each night (if that), but it does seem to help. Heart burn was an issue with Ashlynn by this time, but tums would totally take that away. This time around I am now on Zantac. Thank goodness for that. I was told again I could take two a day, but am attempting to keep it to one a day. I like to try to keep the drugs down to a minimum. :)
I would say my moods have been the same during each pregnancy. Weepy at times and grumpy at other times. Nothing totally crazy (Josh might disagree) :) . I worried the first time around that I might have postpartum after I had Ashlynn (since two of my sisters felt like they dealt with that), so asked my doctor about something I could take to make sure I didn't have it. I only ended up taking those pills for two days and realized I didn't need them at all. I did have a moment during Ashlynn's pregnancy where I felt bullied, so I avoided people for a long time, but this time I just feel like I learned from that and haven't felt the need to "hide" or "avoid". I guess I just learned to walk away or roll my eyes or tell them to shove it. :) I am much better this time around. It totally is/was all about growing up and gaining knowledge and growing some balls over anything else.
This time around with the birth will be so much better too. I was a week over due with Ashlynn. She was due the very end of March and we ended up being scheduled to go in and be induced the wee hours of April 2nd. We arrived at the hospital at midnight going into the 2nd and eventually I was put on pitocin. Over the next almost 24 hours, they maxed me out on the Pit and the "softeners". My water broke sometime in there, but I never dilated past three centimeters and Ashlynn never dropped in. So @ 10:30 PM they asked if I was ready to call it and go in for a c-section. HECK YES! I am ready! Let's do this. So Ashlynn was born @ 11:32 PM April 2nd. Whew. What a long day and both Josh and I were exhausted to say the least.
This time we know better. The doctor has agreed not to make us do that again, so we have the c-section scheduled for 8 AM February 26th. No 24 hour day of labor and nothing happening. Hopefully a good nights sleep the night before. And hopefully I will be more relaxed this time.
I guess time will tell. Here's to looking forward to our little man's arrival. Thanks for letting me rattle on. :) xoxoxox
2 comments:
We are so looking forward to the 26th. Love him already.
Such a fun comparison! You, unlike many out there, have a perfect disposition for this condition. Selflessness and hearty...no need to complain like it's horrible when it's just a blessing that brings mild discomfort, no? ;) XOXO
Post a Comment