Wednesday, January 16, 2008

My Poor Little Baby


It all started yesterday afternoon. Ashlynn is finally on an every 4 hr (about) eating schedule. She ate @ 3:30 and then we went down stairs to play. *(or watch Blue hee hee). About 4:30 she was done with that, so we headed up to her bed room to see if we could find something else to kill some time. It hit so quickly I didn't even know what was going on. She tossed EVERYTHING she had eaten at 3:30. Poltergeist had nothing on her. I am not sure how that much stuff can come out of that small of a person. And it kept coming. I tried to pick her up, but ended up gagging so hard that I almost threw up on her little head. I had to walk away with her crying and looking at me like I just left her on the corner to fend for herself. :( Gagging like Amy did when Sadie pooped on the floor.
She ended up getting sick 6 more times and really had nothing in her tummy when she finally gave up and went to sleep in her daddies arms. She did sleep from 9:30 until 5 AM. I fed her a 6 oz bottle then and she couldn't keep it down. All over me and the rocking chair and herself. Lovely. Thank you for sharing my sweet daughter. :( She woke up @ 8 again and only wanted 3 oz...but kept that down. She went back to sleep again @ 8:45 and I can hear her right now happily talking on the monitor, so I am headed up to get her. Cross your fingers for us today. Cross your figers that it isn't going to go around the house. Blah.
Hmmmm...one pair of sweat pants full of poop vs. baby puke all day. I will take super turd. Amy, want to traid?

5 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

Wow! Two posts without any reminders from the blog patrol. Sorry you're baby is sick, but at least we get to be entertained today!

jlcumber said...

if you call that entertainment...Ok. :)

Amy said...

Very entertaining, thank you so much. Is this the first time you almost threw up on your kid? Congratulations! Get used to it.

LAYTON FAMILY said...

The other day I told D that having this small taste of single parenting really sucks and that he'd better stick around. His only response was that if he left and someone barfed, it would stay on the floor forever. He is the vomit patrol parent in our house!

jlcumber said...

Josh's Mom and dad had an agreement that she would take care of all diapers and that Gary would take care of all vomit. I think Mary probably got the good end of that deal...since kids vomit for the rest of their lives.