Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why I Am Sad Today

Peter Boscow aka: Boscow Barns will be closing forever. I know I know, it is only an elementary school, but it was MY elementary school. The school all 5 of us kids went to. Where we would go and play during the summer. I do remember when they took down the old Barns part of the school and that was sad to me, but this? Really? PLUS: I will be out of town and Becky is coming in for the closing ceremony. :(
Don't get me wrong. I am not willing to give up my trip for this, but I wish they would have checked my schedule first.
I know it is old and I know it will be better if little lives aren't in those old buildings anymore. Sine it was built in 1912 for goodness sake, but I am still very sad that it will no longer be a school and might not even be around at all.
Here's to all the good memories a Peter Boscow!!!

2 comments:

Roger said...

1912! I didn't realize that.
The secretary told me today they will be getting rid of the Boscow building. But will be keeping the gym and fields for sporting events.

Thayer & Associates said...

What? I would think that a building that old could be registered as a historical landmark.