Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Picture Of One Mad Mother

Ok. Maybe not MAD, maybe a protective mother. A she devil. One crazy bird. This little grouse lives on our hill. I think she must have a nest at the bottom of the hill by the mail boxes, because every day for the last week (ish) she has been chasing the cars up and down the hill. Sometimes like this, running after us and sometime flying. It is the funniest thing. I decided to check her out yesterday and got out of my car and walked within a foot of her. All she did was eyeball me. Funny little thing. Thank goodness she didn't attack me right then and there. Thankfully I had already seen her before Josh came home asking if he had time to walk down the hill and go "bird hunting". I asked him to please leave the protective little mommy alone. I know...bummer. :) Guess I can feel her pain.


1 comment:

Sam said...

That was nice of you to spare her. I would have had to fight the same battle, if it's any consolation. :)